Writer, award-winning blogger, essayist, poet and occasional public speaker.
My work has been featured online and in print internationally including magazines, two books, and my own various sites and projects. At age 17, I fought stage 4B Lymphoma cancer, the experience of which continues to shape both the way I live and the way I write. My work is part personal story, part skepticism, always respectful of the grit it takes to be an authentic human being, woman, and creative. I've also worked as a fashion journalist, won 2012 Fashion Blog of the Year Award in Seattle, spent a few years as a fashion PR gal, and served a year in Americorp.
Below you'll find links to my work around the web, as well as my blog of weekly personal essays and short stories.
The Huffington Post
The Seattle Times
SheKnows "Experts Among Us"
A site for women after cancer treatment/recovery
2012 Fashion Blog of the Year
Metropolitan Fashion Week
Fashion & PR
Fashion Journalistic Reviews
The Huffington Post: Designer Coverage/Cultural Criticism
The Seattle Times: Designer Coverage, Runway Reviews, Collection Release Coverage
DTLA Weekly: Designer Coverage, Fashion Industry News
Jigsaw London - International Online Retail Company
Web Coordinator , Online Editor
· Writing brand blog daily, creating seasonal Lookbooks
· Managing social media outlets (Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram)
· Managing website: creating SEO and marketing copy, graphics, ads and product for e-commerce
· Assisting customers, ensuring satisfaction, suggesting sales, handling returns and issues
WJ Apparel, Inc. - International Online Retail Company
Fashion and Lifestyle Editor
· Writing 5-7 trend reports/articles on fashion, beauty, health and styling daily
· Reporting fashion technology articles weekly
· Writing product descriptions, model screening,
scheduling/conceptualizing photo shoots
FIDOO Inc – Fashion/Tech Start-up
· Recruiting new clients, representing the company online and at events
· Walking clients through creating online profile, utilizing FIDOO tools,
reaching new consumers and boosting their brand through website.
· Ensuring satisfaction of product and online profile of clients
Adicora Swimwear – Local Swimwear brand, Seattle WA
PR/Marketing Director, Assistant to Head Designer/Founder
· Heading up all marketing efforts in social media, online campaigns, etc.
· Planning collection release, runway fashion shows
· Writing product descriptions, website copy, authoring company blog
Non Profits &
WriteGirl, Los Angeles: Mentor/Volunteer - a non profit organization in Los Angeles
promoting creativity and self-expression through writing to empower girls.
LikeMind Collective, Los Angeles: Writer-in-Residence - digital cross platform
that provides artists and performers with affordable holistic mental healthcare
Americorp Year of Service: Habitat for Humanity - International Non-Profit
Family Services Coordinator
· Recruiting and directing candidate families through homeownership process
· Planning and leading homeownership classes, meetings
· Connecting homeowners to local resources, recruiting prospective families
Boys and Girls Club of America: Educational Non-Profit
Technology Program Director; Computer and Writing teacher
· Teaching classes of 20-30 students on technology, computer use, and writing daily
· Creating daily lesson plans, measuring and showcasing student progress
· Ensuring technology program meets the needs of students, parents, and program donors
Independently coordinated clothing drives for Hope House Women's Shelter, Spokane Washington
Above: Speaking at
Left: Award for
Fashion Blog of